Do you want to use your AirPods with your iPhone but don’t have a case? In reality, this is a really typical occurrence that just looks complicated. In spite of this, the process is straightforward.
While many people don’t realise it, AirPods may be paired and used with an iOS device without a case. In fact, the cover isn’t even necessary for the AirPods to stay linked because it lacks Bluetooth capability.
iPhone users typically listen to music and podcasts via Apple’s AirPods. They have established a Bluetooth wireless connection to the gadget for cordless use. The AirPods are packaged in a stylish casing with three key functions:
- Put the AirPods on charge.
- Keep the AirPods in one piece and safe.
- Initial device pairing with AirPods.
The casing of the AirPods is irrelevant to their use save for certain circumstances. It can be used to wirelessly recharge Apple’s AirPods. All you have to do is insert the pods. For them, it acts as a portable battery pack.
You’ll also need the case when it’s your first time connecting the AirPods to an iPhone. To connect the AirPods to a device, you normally need to use the case, however this isn’t necessary if the AirPods are currently in use and linked with the device in question.
A Quick and Easy Way to Pair AirPods without the Need for the Case
When you wish to reconnect your AirPods to your iPhone without using the case, and you’ve already connected them once before, try this:
- The Settings menu can be accessed by swiping down from the screen’s top right corner.
- Now, on the Control Center’s upper right, press and hold the audio card.
- When it’s at full size, tap the AirPlay icon to stream audio and video from your device.
- Finally, select AirPods from the list of connected Bluetooth devices by tapping on it.
After that, the AirPods will automatically link with your iPhone. If the AirPods don’t appear in the list, it’s because they are either out of charge or haven’t been linked with your device yet.
AirPods: How to Pair or Connect to Your iOS Device?
These are the steps you can do if you haven’t already synced your AirPods with your iOS device:
- Don’t forget to place both AirPods in the charging case.
- Now that you’ve popped the hood, see if the indicator light is blinking amber.
- Then, keep the setup button depressed for a moment. It’s on the back of the package.
- A white flashing of the status light will follow after a few seconds.
- Proceed to the device’s default home screen.
- Pop out your AirPods from their carrying case and place them next to your iPhone.
- Hit Connect and then tap Done when the setup animation appears.