Reddit is a massive community where people talk about everything under the sun and share information about anything they happen to learn. Despite the site’s widespread popularity, the results of your searches may stick with you even after you’ve left the site.
Reddit keeps a record of everything you do, not just searches, so you can look back on your history at any time. That data is stored indefinitely unless you remove it from your account history.
Let’s jump straight into the topic and talk about how to clear your Reddit history.
Tips for Erasing Your Reddit Activity Trail
Reddit keeps track of every topic you’ve ever searched for. Someone who gains access to your account can look over all of your previous Reddit posts. To protect your privacy, it may be prudent to remove them.
Here are the actions you need to take on your specific device to permanently erase your Reddit activity.
- Choose the Reddit app from your Android’s app drawer.
- Select the appropriate profile pic.
- The next step is to go to the History menu.
- To expand the menu, tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Choose to delete all browsing history.
on an iPhone
- Get started with Reddit right away.
- You can access your profile by clicking on the image of a person.
- You should then go to the menu and choose the Settings option.
- Click the Advanced tab, then the Clear local history button.
- In this case, a prompt will show up. As a last step, choose Clear local history.
- A confirmation of the successful removal of local history will thereafter be displayed.
- Retrieve the Reddit homepage.
- The Avatar icon can be seen in the top right corner of the display. Make that your choice.
- Select “Profile” now.
- Clicking this link will take you to the home page.
- The postings, comments, and other contributions are all viewable here.
- Find the remark or update that you wish to delete and click on it.
- To access the sharing menu, click the ellipses () button.
- Choose the Delete entry from the drop-down menu.
- A confirmation window will pop up on the screen. The Delete option should be chosen.
- The same process can be used to remove additional replies or posts.
Tips for Erasing Your Reddit Search History
When you use reddit to conduct a search, the site will provide you with suggestions based on your prior queries, just like any other web app. The only way to stop this from happening is to delete your Reddit history. Here’s what you need to know to accomplish that goal:
- Launch the mobile Reddit app. Alternatively, you might use your PC to visit the Reddit website.
- The Search box can be pressed or clicked.
- When you click on “Search History,” a list of your previous queries will be displayed. Select the delete button (x) to get rid of it.
- Similar procedures should be used to clear away any additional stored searches.
Is it Possible to View Reddit’s Deleted Comments?
Your previous Reddit posts, even the ones you thought were gone, may still be accessible. While reddit hasn’t enabled viewing deleted comments in their app, you can do so on the revednit page. Here are the easy actions to take:
- Type www.reveddit.com into your browser’s address bar.
- Simply enter the user name, r/sub, or URL once you reach the site and press the Enter key.
- When you click on the link, a new page will load containing the Reddit post and the deleted comments.
Can People See What You’ve Posted on Reddit?
All of your comments and posts on Reddit will be visible to other users because the site is a public forum.
If a user reads a comment or post of yours on a subreddit and clicks through to your profile, they will be able to read all of your previous contributions to that subreddit. The “About” section allows for the viewing of further material.